Hours & Admission
All visitors must have a ticket to enter. Reserve in advance for fastest entry. Members and affiliates with free tickets must also show member card or proof of eligibility on entry.
Sunday’s Hours: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Last entry 30 minute before closing. Specialty gardens, including the Conservatory, Discovery Garden, Rose Garden, and portions of the Japanese Hill-and-Pond Garden and Native Flora Garden, begin to close 30 minutes before closing time. Some indoor spaces are currently closed.
Through August 2022
- Open late! Tuesday & Thursday: 10 a.m.–8:30 p.m. (except June 7, closing at 4 p.m.)
- Wednesday: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Members’ Summer Evenings: Wednesdays, June 1–September 7
- Friday–Sunday: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Closed Mondays (except open Memorial Day, May 30, 10 a.m.–6 p.m.)
All visitors must present ticket for entrance. Members and affiliates with free tickets must also show proof of eligibility.
- Advance tickets are recommended. Tickets are available two weeks in advance of visit dates. Same-day tickets may be obtained at Garden admission booths.
- Children under 12 are free. Children under 14 must be supervised by an adult 18 or over.
- If you are feeling unwell, please reschedule your visit. Tickets are nonrefundable, but may be exchanged in advance for another date (see ticket confirmation for details).
Members receive free admission every day.
Free Admission Opportunities
Admission is free:
- BBG members receive free admission year-round.
- Children under 12 are always free.
- Community Tickets: A portion of each day’s tickets are available free of charge to those who need them.
- Pay What You Wish Winter Weekdays: Tuesday–Friday, December–February
Free admission during public hours is also offered to the individuals and groups listed below. Check full details at the link below before planning your visit.
Academic members and participants in the following programs, with valid ID:
- Students, employees of Medgar Evers
- Students, employees, alum of Pratt
- Brooklyn Academy of Science and the Environment students and families, employees
- Cool Culture cardholders and their families
- Garden Apprentice Program teens and families
- Project Green Reach classrooms, students and families (with pass)
- Urban Advantage teachers, classrooms, students and families (with voucher)
Visitors with the following affiliations, with valid ID:
- Individual members of the following museum and garden associations: AHS, APGA, Museums Council of New York City
- Members of gardens that participate in the AHS Reciprocal Admissions Program
- Employees of current corporate members
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden volunteers
- Public library patrons with a Culture Pass reservation (with pass)
- Registered, self-guided school and camp groups
- Registered, self-guided groups from nonprofit senior centers, shelters, rehabilitation centers, and other 501(c)(3) organizations serving people with disabilities
- Participants in accessibility programs, including monthly Memory Tours
- Community Greening & NYC Compost Project workshop participants
- Members of the press on assignment
Museum & Garden Ticket
Enhance your day in Brooklyn by visiting our neighbor, the Brooklyn Museum! Purchase a Museum & Garden ticket here at Brooklyn Botanic Garden and present your receipt for same-day admission to the Brooklyn Museum.
- Museum & Garden combination tickets are valid only on the purchase date. The Museum is closed on Tuesdays.
- Offer is not valid for special events.
- The Brooklyn Museum’s admission is suggested. Tickets are not refundable.
- There is no combination ticket for children under 12 years of age. Children under 12 enter for free.