Hours & Admission
Monday’s Hours: Closed
Last entry 30 minute before closing. Specialty gardens begin to close 30 minutes before closing time.
- Tuesday–Sunday: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Closed Mondays
April 1–May 14, 2023: Brooklyn Botanic Garden in Bloom
- Open early & late! Tuesday–Thursday: 8 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
- Open early! Friday–Sunday: 8 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Note: Closing early April 25–26 and May 2–3 for ticketed Hanami Nights programming.
- Closed Mondays
All visitors must present ticket for entrance. Members and affiliates with free tickets must also show proof of eligibility.
- Advance tickets are recommended. Tickets are available 30 days in advance of visit dates. Same-day tickets may be obtained at Garden admission booths.
- Children under 12 are free. Children under 14 must be supervised by an adult 18 or over.
- If you are feeling unwell, please reschedule your visit. Tickets are nonrefundable, but may be exchanged in advance for another date (see ticket confirmation for details).
- Seniors (65+)
- Students 12+ with ID
- Children under 12
- Community tickets
- A portion of each day’s tickets are available free of charge to those who need them.
- Winter Weekdays (December–February)
- Pay what you wish.
Members receive free admission every day.
Your Admission Makes Great Things Possible!
Admissions and membership revenue helps Brooklyn Botanic Garden care for its 52 acres of grounds and conservatories and provide the environmental education programs, breathtaking botanical displays, exciting public events, and community greening efforts that have made the Garden a world-class living museum for all to enjoy. Thank you for supporting this with your visit!
Free Admission Opportunities
Admission is free:
- BBG members receive free admission year-round.
- Children under 12 are always free.
- Community Tickets: A portion of each day’s tickets are available free of charge to those who need them.
- Pay-What-You-Wish Winter Weekdays: Tuesday–Friday, December–February
Free admission during public hours is also offered to the individuals and groups listed below. Check full details at the link below before planning your visit.
Academic members and participants in the following programs, with valid ID:
- Students, employees of Medgar Evers
- Students, employees, alum of Pratt
- Brooklyn Academy of Science and the Environment students and families, employees
- Cool Culture cardholders and their families
- Garden Apprentice Program teens and families
- Project Green Reach classrooms, students and families (with pass)
- Urban Advantage teachers, classrooms, students and families (with voucher)
Visitors with the following affiliations, with valid ID:
- Individual members of the following museum and garden associations: AHS, APGA, Museums Council of New York City
- Members of gardens that participate in the AHS Reciprocal Admissions Program
- Employees of current corporate members
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden volunteers
- Public library patrons with a Culture Pass reservation (with pass)
- Registered, self-guided school and camp groups
- Registered, self-guided groups from nonprofit senior centers, shelters, rehabilitation centers, and other 501(c)(3) organizations serving people with disabilities
- Participants in accessibility programs, including monthly Memory Tours
- Community Greening & NYC Compost Project workshop participants
- Members of the press on assignment