Hours & Admission
Admission by advance ticket only.
Note: The Garden is remediating tree damage from Tropical Storm Isaias and some areas are closed for safety. Lily Pool Terrace is closed for repairs. Food services are closed and picnicking is not permitted. Indoor spaces, interactive exhibits, and some outdoor areas are closed for your safety.
Tuesday, Wednesday, Sunday: 10 a.m.–6 p.m.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday: 10 a.m.–8:30 p.m.
- Specialty gardens begin to close 30 minutes before closing time.
- Limiting your stay to 3 hours will allow others to enjoy the Garden.
- Members’ Summer Evenings: Wednesdays, 6–8:30 p.m.
Welcome Weeks | Through Labor Day
During the Garden’s opening weeks, free tickets are available for all. Please pay if you can.
- To help the Garden evaluate visitation, BBG members should log in and select Member tickets. Members of complimentary programs and partner institutions should select Affiliated Organization tickets.
Admission by advance ticket only. During the Garden’s opening weeks, please pay if you can.
- Welcome Weeks
- Free for all
- Seniors (65+)
- Students 12+ with ID
- Children under 12
Children under 14 must be supervised by an adult 18 or over.
Free Admission Opportunities
Admission is free:
- Winter Weekdays: Tuesday–Friday, December–February
- BBG members receive free admission year-round.
- Children under 12 are always free.
Free admission during public hours is also offered to the individuals and groups listed below. Check full details at the link below before planning your visit.
Academic members and participants in the following programs, with valid ID:
- Students and employees of Brooklyn College, Kingsborough, Medgar Evers, Pratt
- Brooklyn Academy of Science and the Environment students and families, employees
- Cool Culture cardholders and their families
- Garden Apprentice Program teens and families
- Project Green Reach classrooms, students and families (with pass)
- Urban Advantage teachers, classrooms, students and families (with voucher)
Visitors with the following affiliations, with valid ID:
- Individual members of the following museum and garden associations: AHS, APGA, Museums Council of New York City
- Members of gardens that participate in the AHS Reciprocal Admissions Program
- Chase Private Client Arts & Culture Cardholders (New York City & All Access)
- Employees of current corporate members
- Brooklyn Botanic Garden volunteers
- Public library patrons with a Culture Pass reservation (with pass)
- Members of the press on assignment