Reports to: Director of Facilities
Term: Approximately six months
Under general supervision, the temporary maintainer assists in rebuilding, repairing, and maintaining machine parts and other special equipment at Brooklyn Botanic Garden; the maintainer also performs general maintenance and repair of Garden buildings, equipment, and facilities and other related work.
- Perform, or supervise the performance of, responsible general maintenance work or specialized work with regard to automotive repairs, electrical wiring, or fixtures, painting, glazing, stonework, woodworking, or shop work.
- Assist in the repair of machines and other special equipment.
- Repair and maintain heating apparatus and plumbing fixtures.
- Keep records and prepare reports on work performed and materials used.
- Perform other related duties or special projects as directed.
- High school diploma or GED
- Five years’ paid experience in building maintenance work, preferably three years of which are in carpentry
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed
How to Apply:
We will only accept résumés for those positions currently available. This posting is updated periodically; consequently, some of the positions listed may already be filled. If you are interested in any of these opportunities at Brooklyn Botanic Garden, please email a résumé and cover letter, indicating the title of the position in the subject line, to the director of Human Resources at email@example.com.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer