Reports to: BASE Partnership Manager
Duration: September–December 2017
Brooklyn Botanic Garden (BBG) seeks a seasonal instructor for the BASE Field Studies program. This outdoor class was developed exclusively for ninth-grade students at Brooklyn Academy of Science and the Environment (BASE), a small public high school supported by a partnership with the Garden. Field Studies supplements the Living Environment curriculum by making use of the environmental and scientific resources of the Garden and nearby Prospect Park.
Work Schedule: 5 hours per day, 4 days per week for 12 weeks, September–December 2017.
- Assist the BASE Field Studies coordinator with preparation and teaching of classes four afternoons each week at BBG and the park, late September through early December.
- Take an active role in direct teaching students and assist working groups when another educator is leading an activity.
- Help prepare lesson materials and assist with cleanup after each lesson.
- College-level studies in natural science, environmental studies, education, or a related field
- Experience directly teaching adolescents
- Experience teaching in an outdoor setting
- Ability to obtain security clearance by the NYC DOE for working with children
How to Apply:
Please email a résumé and cover letter, indicating the position title in the subject line, to the director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Brooklyn Botanic Garden is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer